Who We Are:
SCCEBA is a private, non-profit organization of individuals and clean energy business and industry leaders dedicated to growing a clean energy economy in South Carolina.
To promote a business friendly environment for clean energy adoption and industry growth in South Carolina
What We Do For You:
- Develop, advocate and implement clean energy policies with our business members and partner organizations
- Provide educational and networking opportunities for clean energy business and industry leaders throughout the year at Business Roundtables and our annual Clean Energy Summit
- Promote member news about clean energy industry accomplishments in quarterly newsletters and email newsflashes
- Conduct an annual census of SC's clean energy industry
- Award recognition for clean energy outstanding achievement; and
- Support economic development activities to grow a clean energy economy in South Carolina.
2017 Program of Work:
This year SCCEBA is working to educate communities, commercial property owners, and clean energy businesses about the value of C-PACE (Commercial-Property Assessed Clean Energy) a new, innovative long-term financing mechanism for high performance clean energy building upgrades for commercial, industrial, nonprofit, agricultural, and multifamily properties that will increase property values and tenant occupancies, lower ownership and operation costs, and boost clean energy job growth across South Carolina.
SCCEBA is partnering with the SC Solar Business Alliance (SCSBA) to advocate for the enactment of Renewable Energy Property Tax Act legislation to create business certainty for renewable energy investors and developers by making property tax policies predictable, reducing the time it takes to initiate a project by establishing a baseline for which DER property would be taxed, and ensuring projects are economically viable by guaranteeing a reasonable rate of return on an investor's/developers’ investment.
SCCEBA is hosting Business Roundtables on the VW Settlement in April, Energy Storage in June, C-PACE in August, and Community Solar in November.
SCCEBA is developing a Clean Transportation Plan for South Carolina. We are studying and surveying national best practices for clean transportation in order to shape statewide policies for programs, initiatives and incentives to improve our state’s clean transportation landscape and economy.
SCCEBA is developing new clean energy policies with its business and industry partners and participating in the State Energy Plan development process.
SCCEBA’s is hosting its annual 2017 Clean Energy Summit on Thursday, September 21. We hope you will join us here to learn about the latest policy, technology and market trends for our clean energy industry.
We welcome you to join SCCEBA to be part of our clean energy industry alliance that is shaping our state’s clean energy future and helping grow a clean energy economy in South Carolina.