Dedicated to Growing a Clean Energy Economy in South Carolina
The South Carolina Clean Energy Business Alliance (SCCEBA) is a private, non-profit organization of clean energy business and industry leaders dedicated to growing a clean energy economy in South Carolina. Through education and policy initiatives SCCEBA aims to strengthen SC's business climate for a clean energy industry by removing barriers to clean energy adoption and creating opportunities for industry growth.
SCCEBA’s broad-based alliance of active, clean energy business leaders represent a diverse cross-section of the clean energy economy from across our state. Throughout the year, SCCEBA provides clean energy educational forums and networking opportunities for our members. We promote clean energy business news and advocate for policies that help advance our state's clean energy industry.
Education is the cornerstone of SCCEBA's work that includes business roundtables and our annual Clean Energy Summit where attendees can learn about statewide and national trends in the solar, geothermal, natural gas, and clean technology innovations that are creating new markets for our clean energy partners in South Carolina.
Last year SCCEBA achieved some key milestones collaborating with government, utility, nonprofit and clean energy businesses:
- Created a campaign to educate approximately 200 local government planning, zoning, inspection and public safety officials on solar energy permitting with the SC Energy Office;
- Supported the SC Clean Energy Industry Manufacturing Market Development Advisory Commission at the SC Department of Commerce;
- Participated in the SC Dept. of Health and Environmental Control’s Energy Stakeholders Coalition commenting on the EPA’s Clean Power Plan 111(d) Rule and planning for the development of a state implementation plan;
- Provided two educational forums for lenders, conservation, commercial property owner, clean energy business and state and local government leaders on the value of Commercial-Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE);
- Hosted our annual Clean Energy Summit for nearly 300 attendees who networked with other clean energy business leaders, heard about the latest trends in the solar, wind, biofuels, energy efficiency, and economic development industries; and
- Marketed the accomplishments of our clean energy business members in E-mail newsflashes and our quarterly newsletters.
This year, SCCEBA is working to educate communities about C-PACE (Commercial-Property Assessed Clean Energy), a new, innovative long-term financing mechanism for high performance clean energy building upgrades for commercial, industrial, nonprofit, agricultural, and multifamily properties that will increase property values and tenant occupancies, lower ownership and operation costs, and boost clean energy job growth across South Carolina.
SCCEBA is also developing a Clean Transportation Plan for South Carolina. We are studying and surveying national best practices for clean transportation in order to shape statewide policies for programs, initiatives and incentives to improve our state’s clean transportation landscape and economy.
Join SCCEBA today to be part of our clean energy industry alliance that is shaping our state’s clean energy future and helping grow a clean energy economy in South Carolina.